Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Foot in the Door photos


Here it is the painting of my cat Bear hanging in the MIA! See him in the middle?  I think that dinosaur wants to eat him for a snack. This is a once in my lifetime opportunity. I am not sure what will be happening 10 years from now. ;-) The entry list topped at 4900. All the art took up 3 galleries and two big walls in the atrium. It was huge! Dan and I took two hours just to go around the space once. There was soooo much to look at. Finding Bear was like "Find Waldo" Dan was the searcher and he went from wall to wall to wall and was getting frustrated that he could not find my painting. There is a search function on computers set up in the galleries but the volunteers had not had time to get all of the art put into the data base and my name did not come up.
We took lots and lots of photos of the art and of the people viewing. Here is a link to the official photos taken on the opening night. The reception looks like it would have been fun. But knowing the parking around the MIA we would have parked downtown and walked to the museum! So Sunday early was the best time to get there. We parked in the ramp and got the first spot. Sweet.

This is my wall. I am right in the middle of things. Bear is right above my head. Up one.


Checking out the top row. Stiff neck time.


View of one of three tables full of three dimensional art.

 
This is Michelle Kaisersatt's vase. I took it up to the show for her. Usually Michelle works much larger. Her vases a meant to be funerary urns. They are beautiful and natural. Michelle carves the surface with natural designs that are so appropriate.  Michelle and her husband went to the opening night so I got a first hand report about it from her.

And finally a photo of Dan's Valentine's gift. It was a last minute inspiration and I did not get a chance to take a photo before we put it in the frame behind glass. 

14x16 watercolor of a North Western locomotive. I put this image together from two different photos on the internet. One for the engine and one for the back ground.  Dan had just bought this engine for his train layout in the back garage. He was very proud of the acquisition and I just knew that he would like a portrait of it. He has it hanging in the garage right over the train. A fun project.
Thanks for reading.  Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment