Tuesday, November 6, 2012

I do not know how long I have followed the Painter's Keys, a bi-weekly letter from Robert Genn of Canada but I do know that I look forward to each news letter as it drops into my inbox. He is a facile writer seeming to always have something pertinent to say to us. I have put a link to his page here on my blog. Click over and see if you like him as well.
His home page is full of all kinds of information including quotes about art that can come in handy for a none writer like me. For example:

The invariable mark of wisdom is to see the miraculous in the ordinary. (Christina Baldwin)

Seeing the miraculous in the ordinary truly is what I feel every day and what I try to put into my paintings. 

My life has been really busy lately and this blog suffered my neglect. With a little perseverance  I will be posting a bit more often. If just for my own record of my work. 

This is one of my plein airs from a workshop that I took in Scottsdale AZ in April with Marc Hanson. That workshop lead to lots of work for me in my studio. Palm trees are way outside of my comfort zone. 




No comments:

Post a Comment