Saturday, November 10, 2012

Harley Chrome Painting

In September I donated a certificate for a chrome painting at a fund raiser for a friend who needed to have his home retro-fitted for his wheel chair. The fund raiser was quite a show and there were hundreds of dollars raised for him. I have been working on it for quite a while now. At least a month a couple of hours a day four or five days a week. The man who won the certificate really is getting a bargain. If you consider time and labor on the painting. (wink)  Here is a photo of the work in progress. There is lots of work to go on the cooling fins. This is the motor of a Harley Davidson. It was fun doing the skull. The cycle is green and the blue shadows are a nice contrast to the blues. I work on the painting one little bit at a time. As soon as it is done, dried and varnished it will find a new home. I hope that the owner will loan it to me for a show later next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment