Friday, April 2, 2010

Spring Commission

Spring is defiantly here. It was 81 degrees at 9:00 last night as we came home from Holy Thursday Mass.  It was calm and as warm as a summer night. I was happy yesterday to finish this commission for my friend and her daughter. These will decorate a toddler's bedroom. Pink butterflies were fun to do. I could be really loose and playful with them. I painted these in oil on canvas using quin red for the pinks. It is really strong and you only need a touch of the red to make a strong pink. Here they are for your viewing pleasure. ;-)
Flight of the Butterflies
I hid a few little butterflies in the back ground.


Dotty Butterfly
The turquoise is very bright in this photo -- a bit softer in real life.

Happy Easter Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment